Friday, August 7, 2015

Bentonite Clay Mask



Clay masks are a great outlet for relaxation and detoxification. Bentonite clay, specifically, is the perfect ¨all around¨ clay. I mean you can use this stuff anywhere on your body, internally and externally.  One of my favorite uses with bentonite clay is to help me get perfect soft skin on my face.
 I make a blend every other day, and plaster it on my face. My sister is going to school to become an esthetician, free massages and facials for me hehe, and she recommended doing this every other day.  I tell you not, my skin has never looked clearer or softer in my life! The blackheads and bumps on my face are very minimal and I have only been doing this for a week! 

Bentonite clay draws out toxins from your skin and reduces your pores, reduce scars, prevents acne, prevents blackheads, exfoliates, and evens out your skintone. I mean who doesn't want that? If you put some in your bath you can removes heavy metals that are trapped in your tissues. Bentonite clay has many minerals in it to help you get your daily intake. 

and of course we need a selfie!




 You will want to start off by using a wooden spoon to get the clay, metal spoons don't work well with the minerals. Scoop about a teaspoon of clay and pour it into your bowl.



Add equal amount of water to the clay, if you want a thinner paste you can add more water.
Mix this around until you get the needed paste and now you can begin to plaster it all over your face and don't forget the selfies!


WORDS OF CAUTION

I leave this masks on for about 10-20 minutes. You will want to take this off BEFORE it dries, if you take it off after; 1: it will hurt 2: the toxins will not be taken out of your face.

Remove with an old cloth or paper towel and throw it into the garbage. The clay WILL clog your drain. 

Your face will be red when you are done using it, don't worry about it, it is because of the added blood flow to the face. 

Some people who have bad acne and really sensitive skin can actually have a worsening affect using this, so be sure to try a test run prior. 

No comments: